Saturday, July 10, 2010

Market Update!


The farmers markets around Manhattan are just bloomin! My local one on 47st is on a Wednesday and I just love going down to do my shopping there. And so I do offer a 'market report'! Peas and asparagus are still good but past their peak, green and yellow beans are just in and are very nice, fresh soy in for the first time this week though a little small and pricey, will buy in a week or two, tomatoes are about too, but as yet not good, zucchini are there ,very nice, the other nightshades, capsicums and eggplants are still ahead of us, ratatouille days are still to come and blueberries are just perfect, indigenous to this land I do believe. I bought some and made a blueberry cheesecake, it was just delicious, the punters I made if for lapped it up!

1 comment:

libhom said...

I can eat blueberries like popcorn.